
After we gave up our seat, we went to another empty spot which brought on more car racing and paper dolls. The girls did very well considering we were trapped and limited. About an hour before leaving, I changed the girls into their pjs and got them ready for "bed". Annie freaked again but for only a fraction of the previous time. I think by the time we actually stepped foot on the plane she was fine... or a least quiet. We got settled in and praise the Lord it was a fairly empty plane so we were able to get a seat for Annie which helped a little for sleeping and a whole lot for playing. They served dinner, drinks, and movies - Lillie's favorite part. Once they finally turned off the lights, (about 10pm our time) we tried to get the girls to sleep. However, I think they probably only slept about an hour, Annie may have gotten 2 in and surprising enough they did pretty well! Annie watched almost a whole movie (Dolphin Tale) in my lap without headphones on. I think she was mesmorized by all the animals even giggling when she felt appropriate. We landed at about 10:30am Germany time (3:30am Memphis time) in search for Josh and our luggage! :)
We took it pretty easy the rest of the day. We ate lunch and put the girls down for their nap. After having to wake both of them and waiting for them to fully wake up we headed down the hill for some German food at Paulaner a restuarant from a brewery in Munchen. It was very yummy! The girls had Schnitzel (fried pork chops), fries (a German favorite), and carrots. I had a veggie flat bread that was incredible! It had feta & goat cheese with spinach, mushrooms, and mangos. Josh had some kind of sausage & sauerkraut dish and Jeremy had Schnitzel with a bacon and sheep cheese topping. It was all very good!
Caroline Brewing Co? Really?!?! Going to have to look for some of that! :-) Kevin's going to be so jealous of all the German food and beer and sights! Well...I'm so jealous, too!
ReplyDeleteYea, Jeremy just informed me I miss printed - it should have been Carolina Brewing Co. but it was still good! :)
ReplyDelete