Tuesday went pretty well which probably got my hopes us. I think she only had a total of 2 accidents and she both peed and pooped seperately in the potty. She also, told me very quickly that she was wet which I thought was good that she didn't like to be wet! I was pretty excited. In the morning, we played with play-do for the first time. She was pretty funny about it - I don't think she got it at first but had a lot of fun throwing the balls I formed. I think she also had more fun putting and taking the play-do in and out of the containers. My dad had the day off and he came over and played with her for a little bit. I think it helped with both of our potential cabin fever.
Wednesday was not so hot! I think we had about 8 accidents - I had to do a load of laundry at nap time because I was afraid we would run out of panties/pants by the end of the night which we would have. She finally went a little in the potty after she peed on herself while in the bathroom right before bed. I wasn't frustrated about her having so many accidents but that twice she had an accident, I cleaned it up while she sat on the toilet for awhile, and within 5 minutes of getting dressed again wet herself again. Needless to say, that was frustrating!
Wednesday afternoon, Lillie and I made our first Gingerbread House. (I don't know if I have ever made one or not!) It actually went pretty well. She did very well with it and helped a lot more than I thought she would. She especially enjoyed stealing the candy. She would pop one in her mouth and just give me this mischevious look. She's a cutie!
Here is the finished product. She even smiled for the picture with the house - I guess she was proud... and even thought her tummy needed to be in one of the pictures! I thought it was hilarious so I had to include it. (By the way, she is in some of her pjs b/c we didn't have anymore clothes I was willing to let her pee in!)
I was afraid Thursday was quickly going to be the same. After she got up and sat on the potty for a bit she wet her pants within about 10 minutes and she didn't tell me. I made her go sit on the potty again. Within another 10 minutes she was again - didn't tell me she was wet and then when I asked about it she said she wasn't wet. I was afraid this was the end but decided we would finish the day and if it stayed like this we would go back to diapers.
However, things picked up. She went to the potty 2 times before nap time and then lasted in the same panties the whole day! It was pretty exciting. She even pooped this afternoon. We caught her as she was getting ready to go so we went to the potty and she went!! Obviously, that was a huge blessing! The wet panties are a lot nicer to clean up then the poopy ones!
Please continue to pray for us! I'm still hoping it will sink in. At the moment, I'm still making her go sit on the potty instead of letting her decide when she needs to go so I guess tomorrow I will try to give her a little more control. She has done very well staying in the house too which was one of my biggest fears because neither of us do well stuck in the house for very long.
I so do NOT miss the potty training days. It does take a while, but if you stick with it she will get it.
ReplyDeleteLove the gingerbread house. I'm glad you let her "steal" some of the candy. That is part of the fun!