Jeremy and I also celebrated our 6th wedding anniversary on the 19th. Well, we did the actual celebrating on the 18th. We went to a nice Lillie free dinner before a Christmas party and then we went home to exchange gifts. We went the tech route this year. I probably emailed you about Jeremy's gift trying to get advice. Well, I was about to give up (mainly because they were pretty even when comparing!) and then decided to go with the Sony Reader that I could buy at Target. That way Jeremy could return if he would prefer the Amazon one. He decided not to return it, in fact, we were up until midnight playing with the new gadgets. Apparently, I picked the right one because there are books compatible with the Sony that are free so he was able to get a book or two right away. Jeremy got me a Flip which to be honest I had never heard of before that night but basically it is an HD video camcorder which downloads to you computer - kind of like my camera video option but it can record up to two hours and in HD (which I think is for Jeremy! :)). It has been pretty neat. It is much better quality than our camera video camera. I hope to get some on here soon. We got a couple of great ones on Christmas day!
On Saturday, our actual anniversary we had a great family day! It really was a wonderful day. We took it easy in the morning and then went to get some breakfast/lunch at Bryants (yummy!!) and then to get our Christmas tree. We went by Lowe's because we went there last year. However, this year when we got there there were about 6 left and they were at least 9 feet tall and most were the 10-12 feet variety. There was no way we could get any of those in our house! As we were heading out, they stopped us and said anyone we picked out they would cut to the needed size and charge only $20 - which was great because the 10-12ft variety were $120+! We went searching again and found one that was pretty perfect - especially for $20. The one we found actually had some holes all the way around at about the 6ft length which was perfect for us so we took it to the front, they cut it, wrapped it up, and we headed out. Lillie was pretty pumped. Lillie went down for her nap after we got home and we got the tree in the house with the lights on so when she got up we would be ready to decorate. She took over a 3 hour nap so I got most of it decorated before she even got up but left some for her on the bottom row. She really took pride in being able to help and she got to open her own ornament this year. In case you don't know, Lillie loves Handy Manny. It is a Disney cartoon about a handy man named Manny and his tools who help the town with their repairs. It helps introduce some Spanish and does a pretty good job with manners/morals so that is an added bonus. This years ornament was a Hallmark ornament of Manny and his tools. Hopefully, I'll get the video attached.
Saturday night, we stuck with family time. We ordered a pizza (we haven't done that in forever!) and after Lillie went to bed Jeremy and I watched It's A Wonderful Life - which he had never seen and I'm afraid may not be willing to sit through from front to back again. Partially, because he didn't think it was very romantic watching it while I wrapped Christmas presents on our anniversary! I guess now he is right I'll be better focused next year!
On Sunday, Jeremy scored a couple of firm tickets to the Grizzlies so we decided to take Lillie. We knew she would have a great time and of course she did. We got there right as they were finishing up with the introductions so she didn't get freaked out about the fire. She had a great time watching all that was going on and especially looking for the Grizzlie Mascot. He even came right by her seats and she got to wave to him. We thought she and Jeremy would get a picture with him but it took too long and she chickened out. She enjoys him from afar not too far but far enough.
Sounds like a great anniversary! I can't wait to see video from the Flip. Great gift! Caroline was terrified of the fire at the Grizzlies game. Of course, we were right beside it! Makes me miss Memphis!
ReplyDelete