Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Cookies

What's Christmas without cookie making/decorating. I had been planning to do it for weeks but hadn't gotten around to it. My procrastination of waiting until Christmas Eve worked to my advantage because we needed cookies for Santa! I got the dough all ready for Lillie to punch out the Christmas shapes and it all went downhill from there. I couldn't get the dough to roll out for anything and I used tons and tons of flour but it still stuck to the rolling pin. Finally, I had to give up. I was about to lose it with the dough not cooperating and with Lillie excitedly pulling on my leg while managing to get the packaged sprinkles opened. I had to just take everything from Lillie, feed her lunch - to get her out of the way, and then go back and just make boring sugar cookies. It actually turned out better than it started. Once they cooled, I iced the cookies in red, green, or white and then Lillie covered them with sprinkles. So all was not lost and Lillie had a great time. She was very proud of herself since she was able to help. Next year, I'll try sooner so if there is another mess up I will figure out how to fix it better. For our first year, it went fine. Lillie enjoyed herself and that was all that mattered. And I know firsthand that Santa and Santa's helper enjoyed way too many of them!! :) Sorry I didn't get a picture of the finised project but all things considered they looked pretty good!

No comments:

Post a Comment