Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Christmas Outfit

This is for those sewing people who care...

This is Lillie's Christmas outfit that I actually made this year. (For those who care -it is a lucy jumper just shortened into a top and a lettie bottom that was lengthened - and apparently not enough!)

I'm sure yall have noticed it before - she has worn it quite a few times for obvious reasons. It kept getting shorter and shorter so it is good that Christmas time is only about 4 weeks - I really don't know if she could wear it much longer. I think it turned out pretty well especailly with $1 a yard fabric I got from Walmart 2 years ago! :) I definately will be trying it again because I liked the way it turned out. I'm currently (well not in about 3 or 4 weeks) working on a winter lucy that has already been monagrammed and all I have to add is the ruffle at the bottom. Hopefully, I'll get it done this week. She has her first day of MDO on Monday so I'm hoping to get it done in time for that!

2 comments:

  1. So cute! Those Lettie pants are quite short. I've wondered about adding a wider ruffle. You've inspired me. I need to get my Christmas posts together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I added 3 inches to the length and length to the ruffle but only 1/2 - 1 inch. I will definatley have to measure better next time! :)

    ReplyDelete