This post is more for me because I hope I can remember just how sweet and loving Lillie is being with her new baby doll. Lillie got a baby doll from one of her sweet friends Friday and it has quickly become a family member. Friday night, we went to dinner after the party and she gave the baby a seat and shared her fortune cookies and drink with the baby, saying "here baby, eat baby." Yesterday, we practiced a good bit putting on her diaper and t-shirt - in hopes that I won't have to do it everytime. I think she is actually starting to get the hang of it. Now, we are out back playing. Lillie hasn't put the baby down but for a couple of minutes and that was so the baby could watch Lillie and Daddy play with the wiffle ball and bat. She started her outside time, sliding with the baby on her little house and then sitting in one of the white chairs with the baby in her lap. (I'll put a picture of them on here once I get back inside.)
Then she put the baby in a chair so she could watch her play with Daddy. She even came to move the chair better so she could see Daddy hit the ball. It was so sweet. I hope these skills we will call them will come in handy with the new baby - or at least be this sweet and loving with the new baby. She loves babies so much right now - hopefully it will still be true come April!

Sorry it took me so long to add the pictures. Hope you enjoy!
She will be a fabulous big sister! I think a lot of adjusting to new siblings has to do with the parents' attitude. She will be great!!!
ReplyDelete