Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Grizzlies 10-30-09

Jeremy scored his firm tickets this past Friday to the Grizzlies game. On the way to the game, we grabbed dinner at Dyer's. It was a complete accident we at there but Jeremy was excited because neither of us had ever eaten there and it has been on the Food Network. I think they are famous for using the same grease since they opened - which I'm not sure if that is a good thing or not! The food was good, in fact, Lillie who never eats meat took out the burger bites we gave her. Apparently, we should have bought her her own burger.

After we ate, we headed to the game. Lillie had a great time. We got there as they were doing the line up. We tried to worn as best as good but there was a huge bang and now I wish we had gotten a picture. It was the funniest picture of shock I have ever seen. There was an older couple sitting next to us just cracked up. Her whole body just froze in shock and her chin dropped. I'm very bummed we didn't get a picture. After she recovered, she did much better. After the named each player, they shot flames from the baskets. I think she enjoyed it by the third one when we could help predict they were coming.
I think this picture was taken soon after all the noise. After all calmed down, she really got into it all. She cheered and clapped. We even taught her some great sports manship - to boo when the other team was shooting free throws. Aren't we great parents. I'm sorry I didn't get a picture - she popped her lips out and said boooo and then would turn to us and grin. Hehehe!
This was heading out. She got upset that we had to leave but luckily the Grizzlie Bear Mascot had not returned to the floor during the halftime show so we were able to leave without tears just a pouty face. I guess we will try to make it to another game.

No comments:

Post a Comment