Monday, March 28, 2011

Starkville 3-25-26-11

We made it into Starkville on Friday afternoon at about 3pm. We checked into out hotel and got ready to go see Tim, grab some dinner, and then head to the baseball game. Lillie was so excited to see Tim she was asking us about every 5 minutes, "Where's Tim? Is he coming to the hotel? Why isn't he here? Where's Tim?" Needless to say, we could not get to him quick enough! We eventually got to Tim and got an early dinner before the game. We went to Jeremy's favorite Starkville spot, Little Dewey's. Lillie asked to go back to the "Pig Place" every time we talked about eating. The crazy thing is I'm not sure she ate but about 5 bites while we were there but she loved coloring on her place mat with Tim and making shapes with the crayons. Maybe another engineer in our midst?? Or a silly game with Tim? After our early dinner, we headed toward campus and walked around a bit. Since we had time, I wanted to try and check out the "new" Shira. It isn't really new anymore but I still hadn't seen it. They had cut my old stomping ground to less than half! Unfortunately, the new part was locked up so I didn't get to see it all but it was interesting to see the parts that were open. I also ran into an old friend that I hadn't seen in years. It was great to see the Calloways! :) Lillie was very eager to head to the game so that we did. The weather worked out beautifully for us! It was a wonderful evening to watch a baseball game. Unfortunately, I left the camera in the hotel so we were unable to get a whole lot of good shots. I don't even have one with Tim after all that excitement! Sorry Tim! The pictures below are from my phone so please excuse the quality. They are also at the end of the night so the girls look worn down. I guess that's what happens when you take 1/2 your nap, adrenaline where's off, and you spend a good bit of time outside! (Annie was also under the weather - she had some mystery fever that was wearing her down.)
This was taken 3 minutes after finishing her night time bottle.

This was taken 5 minutes after finishing her night time bottle.



Sweet Lillie enjoying the game.


Satruday was a big day and I did even worse with the camera/picture taking. After Annie's morning nap, we headed out to get Tim for an early lunch at one of my favorites, Obey's. We then headed to the bookstore for some much needed baby gifts and even one very overdue Christmas gift. I then headed back to the hotel with the girls for naps and the guys headed to a football scrimmage and the baseball game. After the girls were up, we headed to the baseball game. Unfortunately, it took the entire final of the game for the girls to completely wake up so they were a bit cranky as you can see in the pictures below.





After the game, we headed to dinner at Abner's and then walked around campus before having to take the girls back to get ready for bed and our trip to the Beach. We had a nice time visiting in Starkville without being too rushed. We might have to make an annual event of a weekend in Starkville.

No comments:

Post a Comment