Thursday, August 12, 2010

Tim's Visit 7/30-8/1

Tim came to visit a couple of weeks. Friday night we ate pizza and watched a movie after the girls went to bed. We watched Valkyrie with Tom Cruise. Still, not quite sure what I thought about the movie. It was a nice relaxing evening!

Saturday, I had the great idea to go downtown and see the boat show (in the 100+ heat index). I thought it would be something different for all of us and maybe a slight cooler on the river. Boy was I wrong on all accounts. It was suppose to be boat trials from 10-12 and then a sea-doo show from 12-1. We got there a few minutes after 10 and made our way down to the river. They had a family area set up where all the boat trailers were located and "kid" activities like moon bounces, a huge slide, an obstacle course, and a climbing wall. Luckily, it wasn't crowded so we were able to steer Lillie away from the activities at least for a bit. We made our way to a "shade tree" if that is what you wanted to call it. I think we were all able to make it under it, however, no one else would have made it! After killing a good 30 minutes watching what looked like a sinking boat attempt to place the boundary markers in the river, Lillie could not contain herself anymore and had to go explore the activity area. Lillie and I made our way over to check out the activities. Lillie got to jump in the moon bounce after a few tries of getting the teenagers out.
Where are the boats??
Finally, after 11 and a whole lot of sweating I found someone that looked like they were in charge and asked what was going on. He said they were having a lot of difficulty with placing the boundary marks. He also said the boats hadn't even made it to Mud Island and it would be a good hour before anything worth watching would be going on. So with that news we decided to start heading toward lunch. It was hot and nothing was going on! Jeremy did find a very yummy lunch spot and I forgot what it was called... "The Oyster House" ?? maybe. It was very yummy! After lunch, we headed back to the car and home to shower and crash in the air conditioner. We had talked about going to the Redbirds game that night but I think we all vetoed the idea after the morning heat. Saturday night we stayed home and grilled burgers.
Sunday we went to church and headed over to Lillie's favorite lunch spot at Davis Kidd. She got to show Tim all her favorites. After we got home, we made Tim suffer through a few pictures with the girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment