Saturday, August 28, 2010

Bike time... with some embarrassment! 8-21-10

Last Saturday, I decided to take the girls for a walk. I let Lillie bring her bike because we were just going to go around the cove and I wanted to see how she would do on the bike. She did ok but she still needs some practice. She can finally reach the peddles as they move all the way around but she isn't always strong enough to push them hard enough over sticks or other objects on the sidewalk. We only made it to the neighbors drive and all fell apart. Lillie got caught on the edge of the drive and started rolling backwards toward the street. She wasn't strong enough to put on the brakes and then push forward to get herself out of the jam. I went to catch her and push her back to the sidewalk and apparently didn't have Annie (who was in the stroller) all the way off the drive. [It really was like a cartoon scene and if any of the neighbors were watching they were either getting a great laugh or on the verge of calling children's service.] The stroller popped a wheelie and fell onto its side in the street. Luckily, I had Annie mostly buckled in so she only came away with a little scratch on her head. As you can imagine, I felt horrible. She let out a huge scream (after a holding of her breath) but was pretty quickly comforted. I think the whole experience shook Lillie up a bit and she wasn't able to get her bike going again so I made her get off the bike and walk back to the house. I too was a bit shaken up and could not handle any more wheels for the day. We walked back to house as I carried an injured Annie and Lillie's bike while pushing the stroller. I'm sure my neighbors had a few choice words for me. There will definitely be more practice before we all go out in public again! :)
These pictures were taken before our walk and craziness! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment