Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Week That Was June 3rd - 9th

The week that was June 3rd - 9th was full of VBS, swimming lessons, and time with the girls. The camera got a break this week so all of these pictures were taken with my phone so I apologize for the quality but I think you can get the idea! 

1. We got Annie back and everyone was pretty excited! Love their sweet sister moments! 


2. Sunday night we headed over to my Grandparents for dinner and to celebrate my Mom's birthday with the whole family. 



3. On Monday, Annie and I got to spend some extra time in Kroger while it poured down! We were 2 minutes late of getting out before the down pour so we had to find a way to entertain ourselves for a bit. I apparently had a knack for getting us stuck out in the storms the last few days! 



4. Lillie started swimming lessons this week with my high school swim coach, Coach Whaley. She is definitely improving but still not too happy about putting her face in the water. However, she can move now and it makes me feel a little better about her being in the pool. She loves it! 


5. I have split the summer up to work on the alphabet. Mainly, to reinforce what she has been learning but to also make sure she knows her letters before she goes back to "school". This week we started with A, B, & C. We ate avocado (more to come on that), apples, bananas, cinnamon applesauce, Cars Mac & Cheese, and Cheetos. We were not able to do many special activities because we were doing VBS and swimming in the afternoon. We did get to have a movie date and watched a bird movie - Rio

Lillie so excited to try some Avocado! 



Ha! Not so excited to eat Avocado! 


6. On Wednesday, I had to take my car in to get the oil changed and Annie just had to drive! She loved playing in all the cars. The new Jeep Grand Cherokee looked very nice! 


7. Miraculously, the oil change took less than hour so we headed to the library for their toddler story time. Still not completely sure what I thought about it but it was something different and Annie seemed to enjoy checking it out. When we walked in she got to pick a pillow to sit on. Apparently, they have a themed story time and Wednesday's was Bed Time. They sang a welcome song, read a book, sang a song, read a book and this continued through 4 or 5 board book type books - each lasting just long enough to keep a two year old interested. After story time, they had a play time and got toys out for about 15 minutes. She seemed to really enjoy that part and even made a few new friends. We will probably try it out again.


During one of the stories they were suppose to go night night. 
Actually, here she is saying cheese because I was taking her picture but the next one she is actually laying down!




8. We have been having some great weather for June here in Memphis so here are a few shots of us taking advantage of it without melting!



Sweet Sisters!


The girls watching the bird movie (I know it's a bit of a stretch but work with me!) RIO! 
Annie's enjoying it! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment