Wednesday, May 30, 2012

The Week That Was... May 20th - 26th

The week that was May 20th - the 26th was another busy one for the Ireland house. It was full of Zoo trips, play dates, new AC units, last school day, birthday celebrations, and Memorial Day fun.

1. Zoo Trip with Daddy to see the Dino's!
Us adults were a bit disappointed and the girls were just as happy to keep going. Annie kept saying, "Go on, go on" and waving her hand to keep going. It was pretty cute. The girls seemed to enjoy themselves as long as we keep moving. 



Lillie intently watching out for the Dino's... I don't think she ever was completely sure if they were going to come out of their stations or not. Some of them did move a bit... one even spit at us!


Annie a little freaked out at the Dino who was fishing and making chomping sounds.



The infamous T-REX eating another dinosaur. Lillie really did get hung up by him for a bit. We had a whole meat eater vs. plant eater conversation. She just couldn't understand why one Dino would be eating another Dino. I was slightly afraid we had a vegetarian on our hands but it took a few days but she hasn't mentioned it in awhile so we may have dodged that bullet! :)


The girls digging for Dino bones. They seemed to enjoy using the brushes to find bones in the sand.




Daddy and Lillie went to get one last look at the T-REX.


2. Sunday was my Grandmother's birthday. The family was not too cooperative at getting a picture so this is the best I could do.


3. Monday the girls had a movie day together.


 4. On Tuesday, the AC men came to install our new unit. We decided to have a last minute water day to get out of the house and out of their way for at least a little bit. We were even able to convince some good friends to come over at the last minute. 

Our sweet girls!


Gracie and Annie 


Lillie, Annie, Eleanor, and Gracie


Our ancient AC unit... apparently, they hadn't made that model since 1982!


5. Last Day of School! 
I can't believe another year is done!



Annie pushing the door button to go in... this is an ongoing battle with the girls. This button is shorter so Annie gets to do this door. I thought it was a cute picture... just sums up so much! My baby is so big carrying her own bag and pushing the door open. 


Lillie's star student poster. She was the star student last week but I forgot to post a picture of her poster. Lillie had a blast picking out pictures and decorating her poster. 


6. After school we headed to the Botanic Gardens for the Farmers Market and an Italian Ice. We met up with Lillie's friend from school Romey and her family. They took us back to the Coy Pond to feed the fish. (I'm sorry not sure how to spell that!) It was incredible! I have never seen anything like it! I have never seen a fish beg for food! I got a few pictures but I was scared to let go of Annie because the fish were practically hopping out of the water to get to the food... you can see how close they are to the edge!




Love this one! 


6. The Technology Age!
Lillie is playing an "Africa" game on her phone and Annie is talking to her friend Gracie on her phone. Apparently, this is just a little preview of our future... all too soon future!


On Thursday, the girls went to church while I went to Life Choices with the Mercy group. Afterwards, we went to Chick-fil-A for some lunch and someone managed to climb up to the top! She was quite proud of herself - giddy even!


7. Mom's Birthday
On Friday, we met with my family to celebrate my Mom's birthday! Mikey added all the nice "60" touches... he may not be the favorite child anymore! :)


The Girls with Kenzie


8. Saturday, Jeremy made us a very very yummy breakfast. He did some research about his cast iron skillet and even prepped it for several day. It was all worth it because it was so good! We had bacon, fried eggs, and cheese sandwiches on homemade bread... and with mimosas of course! 


The girls had a good time playing around while Daddy cooked. I know this picture doesn't do it justice but Annie is under the ottoman!


Annie enjoying some OJ in a "champagne" glass! Not sure what's up with the hand on the hip but it made me laugh.


Lillie apparently, found my sunglasses and was reading Jeremy a story while he cooked.


The girls are ready to eat!! 



Can't forget the "Proast" (German for Cheers/Toast... and I'm sure I'm not spelling it right)! 



Ah!!! Lillie hasn't learned that part is rude! :)

After breakfast, I took the girls out for a bit. Jeremy spent most of the day working on our shower water faucets. This is a picture of them with their new purses from Ms. Joan, a church friend. They have been so excited about them. Annie threw a fit the first night she had it because I wouldn't let her sleep with it.


Are there really words?? Except that she's getting so big! :(


1 comment: