Friday, January 1, 2010

Christms Morning!

Lillie slept until almost 8am. Of course, I was awake way before then but luckily fell back asleep for a little bit. At 7:30, I rolled over and realized Jeremy was awake too. I told him we should be taking advantage of this because it would probably be a long time before we got to "sleep in" on Chirstmas morning. Even if we manage to get Lillie to sleep in next year - which I really doubt but we will also have a 9 month old (God willing) to contend with too! (Then we talked about that - next year we will have another little girl with us on Christmas morning. I think that conversation really made it start to sink in more. I also figured out I'm over 6 months through with the pregnancy - which is both wonderful and very scary. That is for another post!) I finally got Lillie up and brought her in our room. Jeremy took her ot the bathroom while I went and got everything ready. Lillie came in and was pretty excited - I don't think she really knew what was going on but there was a huge present wrapped in Cinderella wrapping paper that interested her very much! (Jeremy grew up with Santa wrapping his gifts and I grew up with Santa not wrapping. What does your Santa do? It has been an interesting conversation/discussion with us. Apparently, Santa was able to wrap this year but I can't imagine he will have time every year - especially on certain gifts!!)

We opened stockings first and then had breakfast which really worked out well. Jeremy said that is how they grew up doing Christmas morning so I thought while Lillie was still little we should try it out. I don't know if we will do it every year but I am interested in trying too! It was also a great opportunity to focus on baby Jesus' birth with the excitement of opening new presents. We sat at the dining room table and lit the Advent candles, which Lillie has really enjoyed being a part of this year. In fact, she has thrown a mini fit the last couple of nights because we haven't been able to continue with our Advent calendar or readings.


After breakfast, we went to opening presents. Lillie had a great time opening presents especially her kitchen! She was so excited! Santa did good! :) It was definately the only thing she needed this year.


She had a wonderful morning - so good she refused to go to the bathroom. We kept asking and she kepting saying no. She was crossing her legs and bent over in pain but she refused to go. Finally, we made her go and sit and she threw a huge fit still refusing to go to the bathroom. Then, Jeremy went and showered and I made her go sit and try again and finally she went. I don't know if she knew for sure no one would be playing without her in the kitchen or what but definately saw her stubbornness come out! :) All was good after she went and she didn't leave the kitchen's side until we left for my parent's house. Brieflly, she turned her attention to a couple other gifts - diaper bag for her baby doll and dress up shoes but returned soon after! We had a lot of fun with her this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment