The week that was April 1st - 6th was will filled with lots of Easter and birthday prep and I have lots of pictures to prove it this week!
This picture actually went with the previous week but was from the Irelands visit and I wanted to share. The girls having outside fun after naps on Friday.
1. Sunday after church, the Irelands were hoping to get a few updated pictures of the girls in the church clothes. However, as every photo shoot is attempted around here disasters in the air!
Mimi was able to get a couple cute shots of the girls individually, so I guess there is that!
This is the best we could do with the girls together. They were either being silly, not cooperating, smelling flowers, looking at the wrong camera, etc.
Next, we tried the girls with the Irelands.
And of course, our family of four. I'm always wanting one of the four of us!
2. On Sunday, Annie got her finger caught in the bathroom door at church and sliced open her thumb. It was a bit of drama around here and I praise Lord it was Annie and not Lillie! Ms. Cindy, our nursery director, had to come get me during the church service because they could not get the bleeding to stop or Annie calmed down. She was a trooper. I stayed with her the rest of the service and cuddled with her. She completely calmed down in time for snack and a little more playtime with her friends. We had Dr. Kevin check it out to make sure we didn't have to head to the emergency room but he told me since we got the bleeding to stop to not bother because of where it was located and her age. (The cut was in the crease of the first knuckle of her thumb.) That was a huge praise because I was not looking forward to spending the day at the er!
These pictures were actually taken on Monday after before bath time. Sorry for the blurriness! I was doing the best I could with a skiddish little two year old.
And since I had the camera out, I caught a cute one of the girls taking a bath!
3. On Wednesday, we took birthday donuts to school for Annie's class. She was so pumped to pick some out for her school friends. Unfortunately, I didn't get any pictures from school.
4. On Friday, was Annie's party day. We invited a few of her sweet friends to come celebrate at Build - A - Bear with our cuddly almost two year old.
I was able to get a couple of pictures of the girls before heading to the party. It was the coolest morning we have had in weeks and caught us all a bit by surprise - so that will explain a few of the facial/body expressions... especially by Lillie. Annie was upset that I would waste anytime for such silly things which were stopping her from getting to her party so she took a little coaxing.
I was also hoping to get pictures of their outfits since I got them done in time.
5. Party time! Everyone got to choose from 3 "bears" as their own (which is what they are doing here) and then a t-shirt. It was quite amazing to watch the Build - a - Bear lady in action and keep 5 two year olds in one spot!
The Rainey girls with their "bears".
Next they headed to the stuffer machine. She gave each child 2 hearts and went through their rituals (i.e. kisses on the heart, etc.). When they were done each child put one heart in Annie's monkey and one heart in their own - so Annie's monkey received a kiss of love from each of her friends. I thought it was sweet but it probably went over most of their heads.
Myra and Gracie waiting for what's next.
The stuffer machine was pretty loud (like a vacuum) which scared some of the little ones... including Annie so I get to be in some of the pictures. However, she was not letting go of that monkey no matter what!
Gracie, Gardner, and Katherine giving their new bears a bath.
Katherine brushing away!
Eleanor being so patient!
Lillie, Meg, and Annie washing their animals.
Trying to round up the crew for a picture... HA!
Back row: Janie, Annie, Katherine, Gardner (up top), and Mary Chase
Floor row: Gracie, Eleanor, Lillie, and Meg
We are suppose to photo shop Myra in because she was still shopping! :)
I'm so glad her finger wasn't bad! And that Dr. Kevin was around. (Getting better, I hope?) Happy birthday to Annie!
ReplyDelete