Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Annie's Here!

Anne Elizabeth Ireland made her debut on Wednesday, April 7th, 2010 at 12:59 pm: weighing in at 6lb. 14oz. and 20 inches long.


Jeremy and I made our way to the hospital last Wednesday at 4am. Once I got all hooked up, they checked me and I was at 3cm by myself and the waiting began. I finally got the epidural in a little after 10am because the contractions were really on top of one another. The nurse checked me after the epidural was in and I was 7-8cm. The nurse started getting the room ready since I went so fast with Lillie. She checked a couple more times and nothing had changed. Finally, the doctor came in around 12 and checked and I was still at 7cm. She said they would give me another hour and then re-evaluate. Apparently, after several hours if you don't dialate anymore you aren't going to so worse case I would have to have a c-section. About 15 minutes later, the nurse came in and had me put on an oxygen mask because Annie's heart rate dropped some. Got to say my stress level was a bit raised at this point - first thinking about the possibility of a c-section and now having to wear an oxygen mask. I was really tired this time around too... I don't know if that was because of the oxygen or that I got up at 3am or having a toddler with this pregnancy! :) About 12:40, the nurse checked again and I was at 9 1/2cm so she told me to push once to see what happened and she said ok you are ready. She called the doctor and they got everything ready and then at about 12:45 I started pushing all of about 5 times and Annie made her appearance. She came out perfect. She had the cord loosely around her neck two times and that is why her oxygen level went down.


No comments:

Post a Comment