This past weekend, Jeremy was out of town at his very exciting firm retreat. However, that didn't slow things down here. We started the morning (6:45am) at the Forrest Spence 5K. The race was to benefit the Forrest Spence Fund (you should check it out - it is great cause: http://forrestspencefund.com/). The Fund provides non-medical needs to families who are staying in Le Bonheur (children's hospital). We helped give out t-shirts. Lillie did very well considering the time. She sat in the stroller and soaked it all in and then ate some breakfast. We didn't actually end up participating in the race but we went and cheered on the runners. The leaders hit the 2nd mile in under 12 minutes! Wow! After the race, they had food and all sorts of kids activities. We definately took part in the fun. Lillie was a little uneasy about the moon bounch type things but loved the play ground and face painting.
Lillie sported some Mississippi State gear in hopes of beating Auburn. However, we all know what happened there so we will leave it at that. One of our fellow State fans, Nikki, got Lillie an awesome MSU headband and amazingly enough she wore it the whole time we were at the race. I got a couple of pictures I thought you would enjoy!
Saturday night, I went solo to a "tailgate" party with our Sunday School class. Luckily, there were enough distractions that I didn't see most of the game.
No comments:
Post a Comment