Apparently, the 4th wore us out and I didn't document too many activities this week.
Monday, I got the girls back from the Irelands... so that was more riding in the car.
Tuesday, we had a swim/play date with some friends. (I did actually take pictures of but for some reason they didn't get on the computer - I'll just have tot add them later!)
Wednesday was filled with all kinds of 4th of July activities. We started out at a friends' house for Bloody Mary's and then headed to the High Point Parade. We have gone the past couple of years and the girls have really enjoyed themselves. I was quite pleased with myself because I found their dresses from Walmart in April for $5 and their cute headbands for a $1 at Target. Lillie really loved her headband. I was very impressed because she kept it on most of the day... better than the dressy ones!
Heading to the starting line!
The girls checking out all the parade participants... waiting for it to start. We have never made it before it started. We usually are hoping in at the end which is plenty for all of us!
Firetrucks and Ambulances leading the way!
A pink firetruck!!
Our little family of 4! It was quite toasty!!
Lillie and Caroline after playing in the sprinkler!
Lillie running through the sprinkler on the way back to the car. There are really no words for her attire!
After a yummy lunch with good friends, we headed to my Grandparents for the annual BBQ. We put the girls down for a nap and Annie was out like a light! Of course, that was after she cuddled with the porcelain doll. I don't understand.... how is that comfortable!?!?
Eating some yummy food with Katie and Maddie after a long swim!
Lillie fell to peer pressure and jumped off the diving board for the first time. It was quite funny to watch her contemplate her strategy and her will she, won't she decision making. She finally did with her ring!
Then she decided to try without her ring but not without holding Daddy's hand.
Now here came the will she, won't she... She finally did and did a great job! Now she really is a full fledge fish... or she says mermaid not fish. She loves the water and is so much more confident!
Annie of course had to join in on the fun too!
On Friday afternoon, we headed for the Irelands to visit with Tim before he moves to Australia and cut our beach drive up a bit. (I did a bad job and didn't get a picture of the girls with him... sorry Tim!) The girls were so excited to see Tim, Mimi, and Gramps and to head to the beach.
However, Lillie didn't want her picture taken!
Playing the last few minutes in the car - they were pretending to be sleeping...
...and of course Annie had to get in on the fun!
Annie and her "Jorge"
No comments:
Post a Comment