Wednesday, May 19, 2010

A moment to myself... Annie is 6 weeks old!

Finally, a moment to myself! I should be doing something with the house like unpacking or some kind of cleaning - the dishwasher and washer/dryer are going so that has got to count for something. Right?!?! I've turned on the computer and am waiting for one of the girls to wake up. That is usually how it goes which is why these posts are becoming less and less. In fact, I have to take a break already - Annie is exercising her lungs back there! Phew, passie is in - hopefully that will buy me another 20 minutes... which means Lillie should be coming down the stairs at any minute! I guess that is how it is with two!

Lillie was 2 1/2 on the 14th - I don't know where the time has gone. We are greatly enjoying her. She is talking so much it is unbelievable! She is really starting to put it all together into sentences. It is amazing what she picks up. We definitely have to watch what we say around her so it isn't repeated. She is still doing great with Annie. She is always wanting to hug and kiss on her. She really wants Annie to play with her but we have to keep explaining why that isn't going to happen for a little while. I got Annie's floor gym mat out and I think both Annie and Lillie have been enjoying exploring each other on it.
Lillie has been doing much better at bedtime which is such a relief for Jeremy and I. It makes for a much less stressful evening on everyone. She was receiving "treats" for staying in bed and amazingly enough it worked within the week. The treats consisted of princess panties - yes I finally broke down and bought princess panties and a trip to Davis Kidd. They seem to do the trick. Lillie loves Davis Kidd! (Davis Kidd is a book store with a kids section to play with trains, a kitchen, and other goodies. It also has a story/song time that we occasionally go to and a Bistro that we regularly eat lunch after church.) We will have to remember that Lillie does well with rewards rather than punishments - obviously punishments have there place we will just have to use them appropriately.
Annie is doing well. She is getting more and more alert. We are getting a lot more smiles - I still think most of them are not on purpose but we love them still. She does this funny thing with her mouth (I've been trying to get them on tape but it hasn't happened yet!) where she has her mouth wide open like she is trying to catch something and then she grins. So cute!!
Here is a little glimpse of one while Lillie was playing with her.
She is moving around a lot more sometimes even trying to follow sounds. I think she is already trying to keep watch on Lillie. She is enjoying stretching out on the floor gym. She has so much more freedom. Her hair is still sticking up even after the bath. We are enjoying it so hopefully it will stick around a little longer. (I love the facial expression!)
Our most exciting news about Annie is she has slept 8-9 hours since last Wednesday. She is getting more on a routine which is helping everyone. I have been putting her up in her bedroom during her morning nap so she can get use to it. Hopefully, we will move her up there in the next few weeks.


With the new found sleep, we have been able to get out in the world again - maybe a little too much. Thursday, we went to church for smocking - I just went to visit but it was very good for both Lillie and I to get out of the house and away from each other for a few minutes. Friday, we did a Target run. Saturday, we had a big day and in hindsight probably did a little too much but we made it through. We started the morning at a birthday party for the whole family. We had a great time. Annie was awake the whole time but she just sat in her car seat watching everyone. She even took a bottle before we left that was cold so that is nice to know. Saturday night, we went downtown for dinner and a Redbirds game with our community group. (And yes, I took the camera to both things and didn't take a single picture! Go figure!) Sunday, we went to church, lunch, and then my grandparents for dinner. Monday, was Lillie's last school day until the summer session starts. Annie and I took it easy and came back home. I actually got a lot of little things done that needed to be done. Yesterday, we met some friends at the park. It was a beautiful day. I managed to catch Lillie's cold a few days ago so we stayed here today. Hopefully, we will make it to smocking tomorrow.
That was probably a little too much information but I'm so excited to be out and about at least some. Sorry for the long post - I will have to post more frequently in the future so they won't be quite so long - and take me 2 days to complete. (And we did make it to smocking today!) Hope all is well!
5-17-10

1 comment:

  1. She's so cute! I can't wait to get to hold her again.

    ReplyDelete