Friday, May 7, 2010

Annie is 1 Month Old!

I can't believe how fast the time is going by but Annie is a month old. I've been thinking about all the things I would like to tell you about both the girls but now that I have a second (well not really - I'm actually listening to Annie cry because she doesn't want to go to sleep!) I don't know where to begin. I may need to just keep a pad with me so I can write down notes as I go along - especially since I'm finding less and less time to update this thing.

I think we are doing pretty good - I'm really selling that! Aren't I? We are having good days and bad days but she is well worth it! Sometimes we get a bit stuck in the bad days but trying to use some positive thinking yesterday I started thinking that we are four weeks into this already! I think I feel a lot better where we are with Annie than I did with Lillie and I don't know if that is confidence, having done this before, being more laid back, the much prettier weather, or all of the above. So I will share some of my thinkning... hopefully you can follow! We are 4 weeks closer to sleeping through the night, to finding a routine, figuring out what we are doing (ha! if that is ever possible but here is to hoping!), getting back to a normal life, less feedings, and did I mention sleep! Those are a few things I will not be sad when they are over! A few things we have already gotten to experience in her first 4 weeks and that I will miss are snuggling (Annie is an awesome snuggler - she likes to get up in to her neck and lay on your chest. I'm sure that is something that will not last long.), watching her grow - it is amazing how much more alert she is already!, watching her sleep in my arms - she goes through a process that involves her smiling which I very much love to see! (I apologize for the massive run on sentence!)

Lillie is still doing well with her. Every morning she comes to our room to see Annie. She is always asking to look at her and occasionally asking to hold her. She very much wants Annie to play with her but we have had to try and explain to her that is just not going to happen just yet. She is being a great big sister. She helps rock her when she is crying and giving her her paci. It is very sweet to see her loving on her.


We are very much enjoying getting to know and love on Annie. We are so blessed to have her in our lives. I hope to get some new pictures on here soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment