Thursday, August 18, 2011

Our Weekend 8-5-11

A couple weeks ago, the Irelands took the girls for some one on one time and Jeremy and I had a little alone time. We tried to go on a short road trip on the way to pick up the girls but everything we tried to plan seemed to fall through which was a bit of a bummer. We decided to do a "stay cation" of sorts and go spend Friday night in downtown Memphis.

Jeremy surprised me with this hotel... and an upgrade which gave us this amazing few from our balcony. Our hotel was on a corner and our balcony went around the corner. It was definitely a different few we had never seen of Memphis.

The left side: down the street toward Union, Redbirds Stadium, & the Peabody Place


View straight out from the first door of our balcony.

The right side: Fed Ex Forum, Beale Street, Handy Park


After enjoying a glass of wine on our balcony, we headed down to enjoy some downtown life. We walked around a bit and then took the trolley in a round about way to our restaurant. I think it was Jeremy's first time on the trolley and it has been forever since I have ridden one. We then, headed to our reservations at Flight. It turned out incredible!!! And recommend it to everyone! We got there a few minutes early and sat at the bar. I enjoyed a watermelon martini which could have been very dangerous because it didn't taste like a martini, however, was still as potent! Our table was quickly ready for us. I'm going to try and explain the concept of Flight because I had never seen anything like it. A flight was 1/3 of a normal restaurant portion. When you ordered you would either choose 3 (out of 15 plus 3 of the chef's specials) portions or you could order one as a normal size entree. The menu had organized 5 set of 3 flights together or you could mix and match them however you would like. They do this flight idea with their salads, desserts, wines, and other drinks. Jeremy and I split a salad flight which included - the evenings special - it was a common spinach type salad w/different toppings, a iceberg wedge w/blue cheese & bacon, and the third was a watermelon and feta salad. It was a little odd the watermelon and feta consistency but still interesting. We definitely tried a lot of new things that evening. We then ordered our dinner flights & wines that they had already paired with the food. I had the chef's special - 1. lamb & grits, 2. scallop on duck, 3. swordfish and Jeremy had the seafood flight - 1. Shrimp, 2. scallop on veggies 3. lobster and biscuit. It was all very good. Luckily, this dinner last a couple hours because we then ordered a dessert flight - 1. creme brulee, 2. cheesecake, 3. molten lava type chocolate cake. It was all very delicious!! After dinner, we headed to Beale Street to take in some sites and walk some of our dinner off.

We had a great time getting to spend sometime together especially without having to run home to relieve a babysitter. Saturday, I'm sure we were awake early but it was WONDERFUL to be lazy and not have to get breakfast out and entertain a couple of little ladies. We eventually headed down at like 9:30 and ate some breakfast. We checked out and then headed out to go get those little ladies! It was a great time and we really appreciate Gramps and Mimi for letting it happen!!

Well the girls are up and moving so I need to get off of here. I haven't had a chance to proofread so please forgive me! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment