Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sickness, sickness, and more sickness

6 prescriptions, 5 boxes of kleenexes, 4 sick bodies, 3 doctor visits, 2 +weeks, 1 new disease (at least for us), 1 breathing machine and I think we are finally on the mend.

We have learned a lot about baby illness the past few weeks. It all started on a Thursday when Lillie got up with a little fever and a bad cough that didn't seem to go away. She went to the doctor Friday morning and we found out she had broncitis. While at the doctor, Lillie received an in office breathing treatment which was our first experience with them. Lillie did ok, she made it about half way and freaked out which was a lot of fun trying to hold the mask on her while holding Annie on my hip. She was a hundred precent better by the time treatment was over. She went home with a antibiotic and an inhaler. Yes, an inhaler! Lots of fun for a three year old!!

Annie started over the weekend and they were too booked to get her in the doctor on Monday so I took her in Tuesday morning. Annie got to experience her first breathing treatment - which she did very well. She just laid back in my lap and took it in. She was a major trooper. I think she was so exhausted and felt so bad she just didn't care anymore! They diagnosed her with RSV and a double ear infection. After Annie's visit, we came home with our very own breathing treatments and directions to administer them 4 times a day plus an antibiotic for her ears. Annie was a real trooper with all her breathing treatments. I ended up performing them for 8 days because we were given no directions. The last couple of days were pretty rough because she was feeling better and wanted nothing to do with them. If I was holding her while I made her bottle and we went by her mask (that was hanging above the bottles) she would nestle in my next and give me a huge hug - like nooo! All things considered, she did very well with them and is feeling much better!

2-2-11


:( Poor baby!


Starting to feel a little better!


Trying out pancakes for the first time. She ate one here and then 4 yes 4! the following few days for breakfast!! I called her our little piggy and Lillie proudly took the big piggy because she ate 10! Apparently, our girls like pancakes!


Hmm! I think I like these!



Chubby Bunny!! Pancakes rather than marshmellows!

Annie loving on her baby doll. (It was actually one of mine when I was little and Lillie has been loving on it for awhile now.) Annie has taken over this baby. I guess because it is little and more her size. I don't believe Lillie ever noticed a baby doll before her 2nd birthday but Annie loves baby dolls and stuffed animals. It is quite amazing! I guess she gets some of it from watching Lillie - but still. Never seen someone so young hug and cuddle so much!



Sister love! :)




Annie pausing for a moment. She just laid out and hung out for a bit. She would never do that if she was feeling perfect!


Lillie decided to join in! Annie was ok with it for a moment.


2-4-11






No comments:

Post a Comment