Thursday, December 23, 2010

December Fun

December has a been hectic as I assume it is for most people. I'm just going to do one big post that covers all of December up until today! (Happy Festivus to everyone!) We have had an up and down month with tons of activities, breaks from routines, fun sicknesses, and the anticipation of Christmas. Lillie is really starting to get it and it is so much fun watching her excitement. She is obsessed with Christmas shows and everything Christmas. (She asked about 10 times a day when we would be getting our Christmas tree until we finally got it.)



Here is what we have been up to:



December 2nd - Lillie had a little preview ballet show. The big performance will be in April but they invited Mommies to come and watch a "typical" ballet day. I say "typical" because I doubt they are so distracted when we are not there... at least I hope not!



waiting to stretch before class begins
stretching circle

Showing off her moves!


Hug please... during the middle of the class.


Group shot!




Some sister fun: Lillie is always asking to get in the crib with Annie. We went to get Annie up after nap one day and I caved. I only had my phone with me so forgive me for the picture quality but I think you can get the idea on here.


Sweet Sisters

Silly Sisters

Lovey Sisters


Store Fun - December 3rd: Here is some silly fun we had at Michael's the other day. I don't think I would ever pay for these antlers but I just had to see them on the girls. I guess thank you to smart phones that help provide some free entertainment!


Happy to play along for the camera!


Sick Babies: We have had a rough month with colds/viruses/yuckiness. I think we have all had enough. I took them to the doctor just to make sure I was not being a horrible Mommy. But they think they just have viruses. I was able to get a prescription to help with the symptoms which hopefully will kick in before all the Christmas day festivities.


Sick babies = pitiful!!
Both girls have spent quite a bit of time cuddled up on the couch! :(


Santa Visit - December 16th: Last Thursday, we took the girls to visit with Santa. Last year, I sat in a line with Lillie and we got to him and she refused to even get close enough to talk to him. This year, she has been waving, yelling across the mall to try and talk with him so I thought we would try. We took them out to the Bass Pro Shop because you get a free picture with Santa which was perfect with me in case Lillie changed her mind. Unfortunately, I have not figured out how to get the Santa picture on here but it was quite comical! Lillie did great - got all into it. Told Santa what she wanted - a jeep and a pink baby (which we figured out was a pink dress for babies which was great because I already had that!) She smiled so cute for the camera. Annie, on the other hand, screamed the whole 30 seconds she sat on Santa's lap. It turned out to be a pretty humorous picture. I will try to get it on here!

As you can imagine, there was some prep to get out of the house - which included changing Annie's outfit because of a diaper blow out. I tried this one out and she completely left the hat alone so I went with it. This was one of Lillie's outfits.





Excited little girls!

Cutie!




The Annual McGuire Christmas Picture - December 12th: We took the annual McGuire Christmas Card picture a couple weeks ago. It actually went pretty well. We only had to take a few pictures which meant it went very quickly. At this point, the quicker we can get it done the better with the little ones attention span. We were able to get a few extra pictures at the same time. As you can see, Annie had her fill with us which was actually the last picture we took.

My grandparents with the girls.

Lillie in front of the tree... at least that was what I thought. When I picked this picture to put on her it was the cropped one without Jeremy so I guess Jeremy wanted to be on here too.


Lydia and Mikey

The whole clan:

Mark (uncle), Margie (aunt), Mom and Dad

Mikey (brother), Bigdaddy and Grandma, Jeremy

Lydia (Mikey's wife), Britt (brother), the girls and I


Gingerbread House Year 2: This year was much better than last year. We did have a little help. I found a house that was already together - all we had to do was put the icing and candies. I have warned Jeremy that it is inedible house because Lillie was consistently licking her fingers and snacking on the candies. Lillie seemed to have a great time.









Ornament Gift: I didn't do a good job getting pictures of this but I think you will get the idea. After we got the tree up and the lights on, we gave the girls their new ornaments for this year. Lillie got a snowman dressed like a soccer player and ballet slippers which I think you can see in her picture. Annie got two soft critters - honestly I can't remember what they were I think an owl and a monkey. It is the colorful thing in her lap. Lillie was a huge help this year putting on the ornaments. It is amazing how much a year changes things.






Lillie's Christmas Program at PDO - December 15th: Lillie's PDO had a Christmas program if that is what you want to call it. Her class/group sang three songs - "Silent Night," "Santa's Coming to Town," and "We Wish You a Merry Christmas." It was hard to get a good picture but this was the best I could do. I did get a video of it which turned out pretty good. Lillie is in the middle of the stage in a green and white check dress with a white bow in her hair.



No comments:

Post a Comment